Could you be the next Band Manager of the Number One Brass Band in the World?
We are excited to advertise this unique opportunity to be part of our winning team and drive the organisation forward. We are requesting applications from interested parties who have the desired attributes to succeed in the role, supporting the Trustees, Musical Director Philip Harper, Band Members and volunteers.
CORY BAND JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Band Manager
REPORTING TO: The Trustees of Cory Band
To provide a professional and efficient service for all aspects of managing the Cory Band in all its activities, with the assistance of volunteers where relevant
To provide support for Musical Director
To lead the development and delivery of strategies that will support the future success and financial security of the band, including proactivity in the areas of concert booking, funding applications, and seeking new partnerships
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Engagements – concerts / workshops / CD recordings
- Booking; contracting; invoicing
- Manage all aspects of the engagement diary
- Transport and accommodation where applicable
- Liaison with promoter or venue (logistics – times; stage requirements; food; tickets etc)
- Communication of itineraries and information to band members
- Marketing (see below)
- Attendance at engagements, selling CDs etc, dealing with cash
- Carry out all administrative and representative duties on behalf of the band for all contest engagements.
- Work alongside Band Treasurer
- Lead all aspects of marketing Cory Band (with the assistance of volunteers where applicable)
- Liaison with venues and promoters to ensure strategic approach
- Commission creation of marketing materials
- Work with Cory Band web-partners to ensure website reaches full potential
- Work with media through regular press releases / updates – TV, radio, newspapers, local, band press, social media
- Maintain Supporters groups – Friends and Patrons
- Work with Band Treasurer, fundraising partner and grant awarding bodies / trusts to ensure maximum potential in this area is reached
- Includes creating revenue stream to support this post from Year 3 onwards
Day to day
- Respond to enquiries
- Look after physical space of bandroom
- Keep stock of merchandise and reorder where required
- Keep inventory of band equipment, including uniforms
- Take responsibility for all levels of communication with band members about logistics
- Prepare and present a monthly report to the Trustees and Musical Director about activities and progress against objectives
- Project Management
- Manage, oversee and work with partners to ensure timely delivery of various funded projects that are undertaken by the organisation.
PLACE OF WORK / HOURS / CONDITIONS:
Band Manager will be expected to attend every rehearsal and engagement. Place of residence should be within reasonable distance of the band’s base in Cwmparc, Rhondda. Rehearsals are generally Monday and Thursday evenings, 7.30-9.30pm. Engagements are various times and locations at weekends (approx. 25 per year, none through summer or over Christmas)
Other work can be carried out either at the bandroom, or remotely as desired.
Overall time commitment is expected to be in the region of 24 hours per week average.
Remuneration package £15,000 per year for two years and all expenses are paid.
- Excellent organisational skills, strategic thinking and well-focused proactivity
- First-rate people skills, the confidence and manner to communicate effectively with both individuals and a group of people both face to face, on the telephone and by email, and a thick skin
- Experience of the inner working of an arts organisation (ideally at the top level of the brass world), particularly in the area of budgets (turnover is £200K), marketing, strategy, project management and logistics
- Attention to detail and capacity to learn quickly
- A person with no playing role within Cory Band
Interested parties are asked to submit a letter of application with full CV before the closing date of Monday 14th November 2016. Candidates will then be shortlisted and interviewed in November. Please email applications to C/O Philip Harper – email@example.com
Click link below to access Word version of job description:
Share this post